3.27.2013

The Seven Year Plan: Step 1

And she is a Pro....almost!
Ava is really enjoying skiing this year. She definitely is a little more brave for a ski instructor than her dad, but she is doing good. I love when she comes home and has this big 'so proud of herself' smile on her face.  I love the confidence and self esteem that comes from trying and learning new things. She can be so hard on herself and so sensitive to what others say or do to her . She can act like any 5 year old having a grumpy episode, but then almost has a hard time letting go and forgiving herself. I think learning to ski will teach her a lot, like respect and control of her body, how to do hard things, how to keep trying and not give up, and how to appreciate nature. And I hope it empowers hers to know that she can do anything if she just keeps trying.

Here she is on the Magic Carpet at Snowbird.
 And some video of her Cutting It Up!


That's my Girl

Oh and she has become quite the little artist. Sometimes she just gets in the zone and you can see the wheels turning in her head as she feverishly works away at a project.  I don't know why I am always so surprised and what she creates.  She is talented and has a wonderful imagination.

This is crazy town. 
 She created a little town, with a store and hopscotch and playground. The features are pop up and the little girls are removable so you can put them by the monkey bars or on the park bench. She created the rainbow path from confetti she brought home from a play we went to the other night. She told me immediately that I couldn't through it away because she had plans for it.

She told me all about how in crazy town they eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. She said they wear pajamas all day and put their clothes on for night time. She just kept rattling off all the "crazy" stuff that the people in crazy town did and it was an elaborate story that took a lot of thought. And all this creativity took place in just the hour or so before church. I wish I had her imagination and ability to be creative. I also wish I could keep all her art work forever!
Love that girl!

No comments: