3.25.2013

Easter FHE

The real meaning of Easter.
 I wanted to make sure that we talked about the real reason why we celebrate Easter. I found this could idea on Pinterest called Resurrection Eggs for Toddlers. I wanted to keep it simple so that Claire could hold her attention. I numbered six plastic Easter eggs. In each I put something to symbolize a part of the Easter story. We read the associated scriptures as the girls opened the egg.
1- A piece of bread (which Claire promptly ate), to symbolize the last supper and sacrament Jesus had with his apostles.
2- A picture of a cross that I had drawn to symbolize his death upon the Cross.
3- A piece of white fabric to symbolize that they wrapped his body after he had died.
4- A rock to symbolize the heavy stone which was rolled to close the opening to the tomb.
5- A empty egg to symbolize that after the 3 days his tomb was found empty because he had risen.
6- Some lifesavers (a treat) to symbolize the treat or gift of the resurrection that Christ had given us.



We looked at pictures of each thing and then quizzed the girls to see if they remembered what the symbols stood for. Ava was great and even bore her testimony of Christ. I love seeing the look on their faces as they learn things. It was a great Easter FHE with the small ones. Now I am just going to sit and bask in the afterglow of the spirit that comes to our home after FHE.

No comments: