3.10.2013

The Seven Year Plan

We went skiing as a family yesterday...well kind of.
Tyson took the girls to the tow rope at Alta and Talmage and I watched from the top of the hill
where we snuggled to keep warm on our camping chair.
It was Claire's first time skiing and she did fantastic and even better she loved it!




Ava only did one run because her feet started to hurt terribly in her boots.
Because she is a toe walker, we think she occasionally gets cramping/spasms in her arches.
Plus, she has been sick.  I took her to the doctor Thursday and kept her home Friday. He thought it was a virus, but I think we will be going to the doctor again because she still isn't tip top. She keeps having spurts of energy but then usually ends up sprawled on the couch a short while later.
She had a fit when Tyson suggested just taking Claire so we decided to all go, but staying home for Ava would have been better. Somethings up and I want to get to the bottom of it.

Anyways, Claire did great.  Now we just need to keep her going.
She would squeal the whole way down and say I love skiing.
I thought because Ava seems to be oblivious to the cold, she would be his best ski buddy,
but maybe it will be Claire. She has the independent "can do" attitude and never wants to be out done.
Hopefully they will both love it because it is essential to my husbands seven year plan.

The seven year plan.
Tyson believes that in seven years he will be back to skiing 30 plus days.
He finally realized this year, that if he sacrefices some of his own skiing time to take and teach our children, it will benefit him in the long run. He wants to be the family that goes every weekend, school break and holiday. His motto: The family that skis together, stays together.
He will be able to take the troop each week and I can decided if I am going to join them or have some time to do whatever I need or want to do.  I like the plan. Plus I love the idea of my children learning to love being outdoors in all the seasons. We put Ava in an all day ski lesson (total of 6 hours with lunch and break) up at the Canyons and she loved it. So here is to the beginning of the seven year plan (which could turn into the 9 year plan if we decide to have a 4th child)
Now I just need to learn to ski. 
I feel like I am getting too old for snowboarding because the crashes are brutal!
Future ski pro:


 
Here is my cute Eskimo baby!
Sad little runny nose. He has a little cold and the cold weather helped clear out a lot of gunk.

No comments: