8.11.2013

Nine Years of Bliss


We celebrated our 9 year anniversary last week.  I am not joking when I use the word bliss in the title of this blog.We have had good times and hard times, but we have endured them together and we feel blessed in all that has happened during that time. We often use the words "Team Bringhurst" to describe our approach to how we function in our family. We are a great team and we approach every need of our families with mutual respect and mutual responsibility. I am fortunate I married such a wonderful man. My husband is the most even tempered, helpful and forgiving man. He is always quick to forgive me of my short comings and help me be a better mother. My girls adore him and he is a very engaged father.We are lucky to have such a handsome man in our life!

Oh and did I mention that he makes me feel like a young girl with butterflies in my stomach and the electricity of his touch! He is the romantic sort and I love it!
 We had a fun anniversary this year. The day before we took a nice drive up to Brigham City to go to the Maddox restaurant. We took my mom this year since she has always wanted to go. My mom has sacreficed so much for the sake of her children. She is never concerned for herself and has often gone without so that her children could have not just what they needed but what they wanted. My wedding was no different. So we enjoyed a nice drive and had a wonderful lunch of the Maddox's famous friend chicken and rolls with raspberry butter.
After lunch we went to one of the road side markets and bought some wonderful fresh fruit. Our children devoured a whole cantaloupe the next day that tasted like Heaven. The next day we spent our actual anniversary making peach jam and apricot jam. It turned out so delicious! Tyson then made a wonderful anniversary dinner and we had fun spending time with our girls. There I can't think of a better Anniversary!

(Oh and here is the cute card Ava made us. She sounded our Anniversary and drew our family portrait. Talmage is laying on the ground playing with a butterfly. I love my beautiful artist.)


No comments: