8.31.2013

Crestview Cougar

Ava went back to school last week. 
She is in first grade and was so anxious about all day school. We actually had about two weeks of Ava waking up in the night until she had her back to school meet the teacher day. After we visited the class, met the teacher (Ms. Nixon), picked her desk, and practiced where to stand in line after getting off the bus she was able to sleep through the night (well until the night before school). We spent a lot of time talking about what to expect and how to handle different situations. She was a pro by the time school started.
Our great neighbor had donuts and juice in her drive way on the first day before the bus. The kids are all so anxious they can barely eat but it is fun to see everyone with their new back to school outfits and haircuts. You can kind of see Ava's anxiousness in her face as she smile. I know lots of mom's cry...but I just felt gratitude. Gratitude that I get to be her mother and that I get to take part in raising her, but also grateful for all the others that help me teach her and mold her into the woman she will one day be. I had flashbacks to pregnancy moments and that day she was born. I thought about her milestones and every memory made me smile more and more. I am really the lucky one...lucky to have her as my daughter. I heart my 1st grader!!!


Lining up for the bus! So many neighborhood kids.
Coming home! She was tired but excited to tell me all about it.


We celebrated a successful back to school week by going bowling with some friends over the weekend. It was fun but by the end, you could see how tired the kiddos were.



We love these three crazies!



No comments: