2.24.2013

Wrestling + Falling= Cindy Lou Who

Poor Claire!
Between the two girls, Ava is our child who is prone to falling. 
Claire on the other hand is pretty steady, but when she does fall, she always does some sort of damage.

Last night when I was in the shower, I suddenly heard crying that sounded especially distressed. I heard Tyson rush to the rescue and a little while later Ava came to my room and told me Claire's mouth had bled.  
After playing some sort of push and resisting game, Claire took a face plant right in the middle of her bedroom hardwood floor.  Her lip began to swell and it even appeared that one of her teeth was pushed back in her mouth. Her two front teeth are slightly bucked from thumb sucking but now it looks like one is normal and one is bucked. Tyson called a friend who is a dentist and he said to not wiggle it too much and watch it for signs of it dying. She cried for along time, mostly because it hurt a lot when she tried to suck her thumb (we thought for a moment this could be a blessing in disguise, but she is back to her thumb sucking shenanigans today).

This morning her lip looks even more swollen and it even seemed to change the shape of her nose.  All day I kept trying to figure out why her new nose seemed familiar and while at church I figured it out: She has a Who nose. More specifically a Cindy Lou Who from Whoville. 
While I love my little Cindy Lou, I hope my Claire Bear nose returns soon.
And on that note, I hope she doesn't lose a front tooth and look like she belongs on Duck Dynasty for the next 3-4 years while we wait for her grown up tooth to grow in.
Here are a few pictures to show her damage.

This was right after last night. People on Instagram thought it was a picture of Ava.

 Carefully sucking thumb!

Cindy Lou Who
(Too bad it isn't Halloween)






No comments: