2.24.2013

Sisters Stick Together



Claire got a little teary eyed the other day after we dropped Ava off at school. 
When I asked her why she was upset, this is the conversation that ensued.

M-Claire, why are you sad?

C-I am going to miss my Ava. We stick together mom.
I love Ava and we stick together.

M-You stick together (said as a statement). That is good.
Why do you stick together?

C-Because we are best sisters! We love each other.
Ava hugs me and kisses me. She makes me beautiful thing (said fings).
She carries me and plays with me.
She shares her toys with me.
We are best sisters and we stick together.

I love love love that this conversation came out of nowhere and was unsolicited.  Sometimes they drive each other crazy (and probably always will), but deep down they are best friends.
I have sisters and while I feel close to them now, I didn't always growing up because of the large age gap that exists.  I hope Ava and Claire will stay close throughout their lives and have each other to laugh with, cry with, celebrate with, commiserate with, confide in and enjoy the journey with.

This short conversation put a smile on my face and made my heart happy!






No comments: