3.16.2014

Claire Bear's 4 Year Old Rainbow Party

Happy Birthday Claire Bear!
It has been 4 wonderful years!

   Claire has talked about her birthday for months now and every time she requested a rainbow party. 
I kept asking her if she wanted a princess party because that is her thing but she always refused. So a  
RAINBOW PARTY! it is.

 My birthday girl was excited to have this balloon in the morning. 
She awoke to a rainbow decorated kitchen. 
Here is the cute invitations we sent out.


We decorated our little nook to look like a rainbow with clouds.



She requested a rainbow cake but I had my doubts about trying to do a huge layered cake so i decided to do cupcakes in glass containers so you could see the colors. I used this recipe for the cake batter and it was delicious. I did a regular butter cream frosting but substituted out a little vanilla with a little almond extract.




We decorated the door to welcome our guests and put together favor bags for the kids with rainbow skittles, rainbow airhead strips, rainbow suckers, a rainbow Mentos pack, a rainbow crayon, and a rainbow notepad.



Ava even drew and requested to display a special piece of art dedicated to Claire for her rainbow party. I love her family portraits!


Claire was so excited to open presents but then when everyone is sitting around and watching her, she gets so shy. She loved everything and said "This is what I always wanted" after just about every gift.





We sang happy birthday to her and she got shy again. She loves her birthday but has a love/hate relationship with being the center of attention.


We both have such a great family that came out to support her and she definitely felt their love!
Later that night she asked when it was going to be her birthday again and was kind of disappointed by the answer. She already has a new theme in mind.  Looks like she really is my mini me. 

 One last funny thing that happened that night was this:




My blue dye gel was a little thicker and harder to mix completely.  I had noticed one hunk that didn't dissolve when I was making the cupcakes and had fished it out. I guess there was another one that I missed. My mom's whole mouth turned blue...teeth and all. We all giggled so hard that we cried and everyone was snapping pictures. She said it wore off the next day but we were a little worried. Thank heavens it didn't happen to anyone else and that it happened to my mother and not Tyson's. 
My mom can remove her teeth to clean them! :) 

What a good way to brighten the end of one of the most dreary months!
Happy Birthday Crazy Cousin Claire! 

No comments: