9.13.2013

Claire Starts School

 

This girl was so excited to start school at Children's Discovery Preschool.  She and I had endured a rough week and a half when Ava started school and she did not.  She is a advocate of everything being "fair" and doesn't let you forget when someone gets to do something that she doesn't. She was so excited that she quickly got ready and barely would eat because she just wanted to leave. During our entire car drive she kept asking me the name of her teacher and we reviewed where she was going to hang her bag (by the picture of the bear--Claire Bear-coincidence or not?).

She came home with a cute first day craft and her first school art work. Of course we had to document it.



The week before school started we had gone to an orientation day. She was disappointed she didn't get to stay when it was time to leave. She loved their toy bike contraption and I think it might actually help us teach her how to ride and pedal on a two wheeler.




She loves her teachers Miss Brooke and Miss Marina and she comes home telling me all about her day. I love watching her talk while she does her little adult-like mannerisms. She really is a mini me but I hope she stays little for a bit longer. Today she showed me how she colored all the "baby a's". So far I am really impressed with her school. I didn't cry on the first day but I did on the third day. It hit me how fast these important years go by. I felt humbled by my opportunity to be her mother and a sense of urgency to arm her appropriately for the future. Good thing she is Heavenly Father's daughter first and foremost and he can help me live up to the task.
Also, I hope she always keeps her excitement for school, her eagerness to learn and her confidence in herself to achieve anything.

No comments: