7.10.2013

Nine Months Old



I know I have said this ad nauseum, but can time... SLOW THE HECK DOWN.

My wonder boy has officially been out of my womb as long as he took up residency within it.
It is weird to think of it that way because those nine months go more slowly and these nine months have just gone by like a whirlwind. He is at one of my most favorite stages (who am I kidding, I love all the stages...well almost). I love that he can now sit up and is really starting to test his boundaries. He has gotten on his knees a few times during tummy time and he has that gleam in his eye like he is making a mental list of all the places he is going to explore as soon as he figures out how to get around..(beware sisters..he is coming for your room).




 I just love this little man. He seriously brightens the day with one flash of his smile. And if you are not paying attention, he will patiently smile at you until you look and acknowledge him. Ironically, he then gets shy and hangs his head or buries it in the shoulder of the person holding him. He hasn't quite got over his stranger danger yet and still prefers mom to just about anybody. He giggles himself to exhaustion and loves attention from his sisters. They can do wrong by him! (Well that is a little bit of a lie because Claire can induce some claustrophobia when she is in a cuddly mood).

Here is a little clip of his first experience with playing catch...or maybe dodgeball.


The above video defines his relationship with Ava. This picture below defines his relationship with Claire. Can you see the glimmer of concern in his face.



 The little guy is eating like a champ and can hold a little sippy cup for himself. We are about to start baby puff snacks and I am sure he will be excited. He is starting to get impatient while he waits for his food. If he is sitting in the high chair while you are preparing it, he makes his body tremor like he is having muscle spasms and flings his arm while letting out a long loud impatient whine. He then follows every bite of food with a gratifying "ummm". The girls always mimic him and get a kick out of his sound effects.


Claire trying to feet him with the spoon. She is teasing him because their is no food on it!

Oh did I mention that he makes little guys bow ties look even cuter than they already are?





I love my little cuddle monster that sometimes joins me in bed in the wee hours of the morning. He always turns and buries his head in my chest and closes his eyes. It is heaven on earth!!!
Nine months has brought us a little boys who is sturdy while sitting and starting to try to get things beyond his reach. He is happy, sweet, tender and pretty content, but he is starting to get a mind of his own. For instance, he gets really mad/sad when i take things away that he shouldn't be playing with. He is a man of many sounds, from blowing bubbles, to making sucking noises, to his Native American war cry to his nonstop dadadada or mamamamama...he is one loud little booger (if you manage to wrestle the binky away). He has already started to act dejected if you take too long greeting him when you come home after being gone a while. He expects your attention first and foremost.

To just prove what a good boy he is...he has learned how to shake his head yes before no.  I hope this is a indicator that he is going to take after his daddy and be a easy going, obedient and agreeable child. I can only hope right! A few final things he is doing right now is waving (when he wants and not on demand), rolling all over (he may just decide he can get around like a steam roller and it creates for finding him in some pretty interesting places/positions when getting him out of his crib in the morning), and finally he is turning in to a true boy if you know what I mean. I have to give him something to hold while I change his diaper or else he is trying to get his hands in my way and it can create a very messy situation. We absolutely LOVE our nine month honey boy!

9 month stats
Weight: 18 lbs 3 oz 18% percentile
Height: 28 inches 49% percentile



No comments: