4.05.2013

Picture Fiasco {6 Months and Easter}

Sometimes I feel like we are a 3 ringed circus. I read a funny little cartoon the other day with a mother looking strung out and the caption read, "I am being ruled by a little army that I created myself". Well this describes my feelings sometimes (all too often). Especially when we have something specific to do or somewhere to go. I often feel like I need a 3 day nap after such outings. 
This picture taking session was no exception.

Talmage needed 6 months pictures taken (especially because I didn't do 3 month...mom fail). At the last moment I decided to bring the girls along in their Easter outfits to get a few shots. I love how the pictures turned out but the process was torture.
It was a long drive and I think the kiddos were overly hungry by the time we got there. I tried to plan ahead and bring snacks but our appointment time was a little inconvenient. Talmage now has some stranger danger and wouldn't smile to save his life.  I thought we were going to be lucky to get one non-crying shot, but the camera girl must have been quick at the draw. Ava was a little unruly and talking 90 miles minute to whoever would listen and Claire's voice was squealing/whining/shrieking at it's highest octave. I really thought my brain was going to burst and poor Talmage looked like he was in the middle of a bomb raid. In the end, I am happy with the pictures we got and I love the kiddos in them so much that I can block out the chaos of the day. But I think I will wait and schedule the next photo shoot on a Saturday when dad can join the circus.

Six Months Old!




 His teary eyes and pouty lip are the best! I think he has the Bubba lip from Forest Gump in the second picture. I want to start listing off different types of shrimp when I see it (haha).
The picture below I have entitled "The Man Pose".

 Ready, Set....


 Go!


And Going!!

 And here are the two closest things we got to a smile!
Love that little face anyway.

A few Shots of the Girls and the Gang!












No comments: