1.09.2013

Three Months Old


My Little Man is Three Months Old!!


You'll probably hear me say this at each milestone, but I want to shed a tear when I think about how fast time is going by. Mostly I feel this way because we are not sure if he is going to be our last. I don't feel like I get enough time to savor every moment with him.
I often stare at him, trying frantically to memorize every little moment with him so I won't forget this wonderful experience.

When the subject of a fourth child comes up, Tyson and I are at odds.  He seems perfectly content with 3 children and I on the other hand feel like a fourth would complete the family.  Like it would make a perfect square instead of a triangle.  I must be dull because I like the nice equality of a square, instead of the unfinished look of a triangle.  I always feel like someone would be left out or like something is missing.  I have a hard time thinking of being an odd numbered family.  I feel like everyone should have a partner to sit by at an amusement park. (When I say this to Tyson he immediately volunteers to sit alone).

So for the time being, we have agreed to disagree.

Back to the original reason for the post, Talmage.  We are loving his 3 month old personality right now.  He is such a happy little guy and loves to just be where the action is. He loves his big sisters and they love him almost to the point of a smother. He has been super alert since day #1 and he is so fun to interact with.
Here are just a few things he is doing right now:

he is smiling (all the time)
cooing, squealing and talking up a storm
he just laughed for the first time last week and has been doing it more and more
he loves to lay on his activity mat and bat at the toys dangling above him
he tries to grab at toys
has achieved getting his thumb to his mouth and sucked it
(oh no, not another thumbs sucker = constantly being sick)
he has rolled from his tummy to his back twice
is constantly kicking his legs wildly while squealing
is such a good snuggler (he would prefer to sleep being nestled in someones arms

We love our Honey Honey (as Claire calls him)!


Because I started this blog recently I am going to add a few pictures from Birth, 1 month and 2 months old to show how much he has grown (tear)!!

Two Months Old
Weight 10lbs 5 oz -18% percentile
Height 22 1/2 inches- 31% percentile




One Month Old


Two week check up Stats
Weight 6 lbs 2 oz- 3% percentile
Height 20.28 inches- 34% percentile


Birth
 Talmage Scott Bringhurst
6 lbs 4 oz
19.5 inches







2-3 Day Check up stats
Weight- 5 lbs 9 oz- 5% percentile


Love their faces in this bottom one.  Not sure what to think and no idea what to expect!

No comments: