1.01.2013

A New Year and it's Resolutions: And so it begins...

As a young girl up until after my mission, I had been a record keeper.  I loved journals, scrapbooks and photo albums.  I loved writing down events and transforming them in to timeless memories.

So what happened?

I guess the standard answer applies here.  LIFE. Life and all its business.  Since being a "true" adult, I have been leery to take things on unless I had a 80% prognosis of success. I didn't want to add to my plate, something that I most likely wouldn't finish or would stink at keeping up.  I didn't need one more thing to feel guilty about. That is why I am just entering the blogging world.  I already felt deficient in keeping up with housework, laundry, crafts, scrapbooking, journaling and many other things that are all high on my priority list. If I can't do things perfectly, then I don't like to do them at all.  This has been a lif-long attribute that both helps and hinders me. 

After reading others blogs, I have realized that this is the perfect medium for me to use to keep a record of our family.  It can combine/take the place of journaling, pictures/scrapbooking, trip logs and funny children's anecdotes that I might normally keep in several different places and put it all in one place. And so it begins.  I don't normally do New Years Resolutions but I am committing myself this year to keeping a records of the life and times of Team Bringhurst (which is what we refer to ourself as).  I am excited and confident that I can do this.  (On a side note, I start back to work tomorrow after a 3 month maternity leave so life is about to get a little more busy....but I am down for the challenge).

Since today is the first day of January 2013, I thought I would include our most recent family pictures to get this blog started. (Pictures taken on 10.20.2012)

Talmage Scott Bringhurst
Born 10.02.2012
6 lbs 4 oz & 19.5 inches





Since I had just had a baby, and didn't plan ahead enough, we had to get inventive, dive deep into our closets and open a few Christmas gifts early to put together our outfits for this photo shoot. 


Ava Anne Bringhurst
Born 06.05.2007


These 3 are the light of my life and a constant reminder of how blessed I am.  They make me smile all the way down to the tips of my toes.  I can't wait for this blog to record our life with these 3 munchkins.

Claire Kristi Bringhurst
Born 01.31.2010


This picture makes my heart melt.  I love my wonderful husband so much and he is such a good father to these little ones.  My children adore their father in every way because he is so involved in there day to day care and lives.  We couldn't ask for a better Coach (or maybe I should say Co-Captain).


I just love these kiddos!  They are too stinking cute!
(Holy Smokes! I...have...3... kids!)




One last picture for the road.  I just couldn't stop laughing when I got saw this one.  Ava is the queen of humorous faces as of late (you know the kind of ones that are not done on purpose, but come out purely as part of the story they are telling or the cheeky personality the have). I think she might have been done with pictures at this point but trying to be a trooper.  Too bad it was Claire's best shot with all 3 together.







No comments: